This is truly a most unique opportunity to acquire a Cottage with lake views on a C. 7 Acre parcel of land. Located on the popular scenic route overlooking Lough Melvin with unrivalled views stretching out over several counties including Slieve league in Donegal.
The cottage itself is steeped in history and can be traced back to 1813 over 200 years when the Johnston family who were local landlords at Kinlough owned this property amongst their vast Estate in this area.
Accommodation comprises of a 3 roomed cottage with a floor area of 475sq ft approx.. Tiled roof with timber sash windows. Stone built . Also included are remains of the old byres with one stone built byre which was re roofed in recent years with corrugated Iron roof in good repair.
Whilst much refurbishment is required the work carried out in recent years has secured the cottage and kept it save from the elements .
• Panoramic lake views
• Large plot of C.7 Acres
• Freehold property as described in folio LM 7369 PLAN 7369, area 2.92 ha
• Cottage had some work carried out in 2002 which greatly enhanced the building
• Stone building plus more ruins included
• Original Stone heart fire
• Private and serene setting
• Lough Melvin is most popular with anglers worldwide & famous for its Atlantic salmon
• Within easy access of all amenities of Manorhamilton and Kinlough
• Choice of several beaches within a 20 minute drive
• Close to the popular Organic Centre
• Ideal holiday location
• The lake and surrounding catchment area is valued for its recreational, heritage and environmental values by anglers, tourists, scientists and the local community
• Power needs to be connected some second fixing has been carried out.
• Water needs to be connected.
• Septic tank needs to be installed.
• BER Exempt under permitted floor area. Cert in place
Take the R282 Manorhamilton towards Rossinver for approx 4 miles. After the church take the left for Fowleys Falls. Continue to next right take this road and take second right onto the Scenic route Barr Road – take this for 2 miles see house on right with lake view signed.
Co-ordinates:- 54 24 4204 N 8 9 25 81 W
Eircode:- F91 EKRO